2019 Global LEAP Awards Off-Grid Refrigerator Competition
Global LEAP Awards is administering a second round competition for highly energy-efficient, durable, off- and weak-grid appropriate refrigerators.
The 2019 Global LEAP Awards Off-Grid Refrigerator Competition will identify and recognize innovative early-movers and best-in-class products in the pump market. All nominated off-grid refrigerators underwent evaluation by a panel of off-grid market experts and product testing according to Global LEAP Off-Grid Refrigerator Test Method by an accredited laboratory for their efficiency, durability, and other aspects of product performance (e.g. cooling capacity, autonomy).
Detailed information about all twenty-one Winners and Finalists—including product performance data and sales contact information—is available in the 2019 Global LEAP Awards Buyer’s Guide for Outstanding Off-Grid Refrigerators.
Winners and Finalists of the 2019 Global LEAP Awards Off-Grid Refrigerator competition will receive the following benefits:
- Find potential investors through the newly-formed Efficiency for Access Coalition Investor Network. Convened by Acumen, the network includes Shell Foundation and 18 other leading investment organizations.
- Consideration for a £100,000 innovation prize focused on affordability. Prize money will be awarded to products that demonstrate market-leading innovation in two tracks:
- Consumer Affordability: Innovations that make it easier for diverse customers to purchase refrigerators (e.g., consumer financing, distribution partnerships)
- Unit Cost Affordability: Design innovations that lower the cost of manufacturing, assembling, and/or shipping products
- Participation in a global promotional campaign, including opportunities to interface with distributors and investors in key markets.
- Eligibility for financing programs and other benefits including Global LEAP results-based financing incentives.