2019 Global LEAP Awards Off-Grid Refrigerator Competition
Global LEAP Awards is administering a second round competition for highly energy-efficient, durable, off- and weak-grid appropriate refrigerators.
Nominations opened 8 November 2018 and closed on 18 January 2019. Off-grid refrigerators manufacturers and distributors are encouraged read the Competition Terms and Agreement. A manufacturer or distributor may nominate more than one product for one or multiple categories.
Winners and Finalists of the 2019 Global LEAP Awards Off-Grid Refrigerator competition will receive the following benefits:
- Find potential investors through the newly-formed Efficiency for Access Coalition Investor Network. Convened by Acumen, the network includes Shell Foundation and 18 other leading investment organizations.
- Consideration for a £100,000 innovation prize focused on affordability. Prize money will be awarded to products that demonstrate market-leading innovation in two tracks:
- Consumer Affordability: Innovations that make it easier for diverse customers to purchase refrigerators (e.g., consumer financing, distribution partnerships)
- Unit Cost Affordability: Design innovations that lower the cost of manufacturing, assembling, and/or shipping products
- Participation in a global promotional campaign, including opportunities to interface with distributors and investors in key markets.
- Eligibility for financing programs and other benefits including Global LEAP results based financing (Global LEAP RBF) incentives.